Portneuf Wound Care & Hyperbaric Clinic
Yes, We Bill for Medical Insurance Payments
Because we are an outpatient department of Portneuf Medical Center, many health plans cover wound care treatment. Portneuf Medical Center will bill your insurance company for services. You can expect charges from the facility and from the doctor.
Insurance company or employer specific requirements may be in place and your provider of care may have to be contracted with your insurance coverage. As a matter of routine you should contact your health plan to be sure you understand coverage, referral guidelines, out of pocket expenses, co-pays and deductibles.
Wounds approved by Medicare for hyperbaric oxygen therapy include:
- Diabetic Ulcer, Wagner III and higher
- Chronic refractory osteomyelitis
- Compromised skin grafts & flaps
- Progressive necrotizing infections
- Acute peripheral arterial insufficiency
- Crush injury
- Gas gangrene
- Osteoradionecrosis (& soft tissue)
- Acute carbon monoxide intoxication