Portneuf Wound Care & Hyperbaric Clinic
What Happens At Your Weekly Appointments
Treatment Plan Tailored to Your Needs
Because every patient’s wound is unique, you will have a thorough diagnostic exam to identify the type of wound you have and its underlying causes. Our staff will set up regular appointments for your visits to the Portneuf Wound Center and give you all the information you need to take care of your wound at home between visits.
We check your blood pressure, pulse, temperature, and respirations. When applicable, we will also check your blood glucose levels and oxygen saturation levels.
To assist with healing your wound care physician may prescribe some of these therapies:
- Debridement (removal of dead or damaged tissue)
- Specially chosen dressings and wraps
- Bio-engineered tissue substitutes
- Specialized Dressings
- Multi-Layer Wraps
- Off-loading Boots, Casts, Devices
- Negative pressure Vacuum Therapy
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Treatments