Family & Visitors Guide
The best medicine often comes from family and friends.
When a loved one is in the hospital, support of family and friends is essential to recovery. We would like to make your visit as convenient and comfortable as possible.
You are welcome to visit. However, patient care is our primary concern at Portneuf, and in order to enhance the quality of care, specific visiting hours and regulations have been established for each area. Please check with the nurse for more specific information regarding visiting hours.
Please keep the following guidelines in mind during your visit.
- Do not smoke in patient rooms or anywhere in the hospital or on hospital grounds.
- Dress appropriately. Shirt and shoes must be worn in the hospital at all times.
- Be considerate of other patients. Please maintain a quiet environment and avoid unnecessary noise.
- If you or your child has a cold, sore throat, or any contagious disease, it is best not to visit patients.
- Visits should not interfere with patient treatments. Physicians or nurses may ask visitors to leave the room during tests or treatments.
- Patients often have special dietary needs. Please check with the nurse before bringing or giving the patient extra food or beverages.
- Patient bathrooms are for use by patients only. There are public restrooms throughout the hospital for visitors and staff.
- Patient rooms can comfortably accommodate two visitors at a time. When there are several visitors, please use the patient/visitor lounges in each area as these areas can more easily accommodate larger groups.
Flowers, Gifts and Cards
There's nothing like flowers or cards to lift someone's spirits. You can find great gifts to brighten anyone's day at the Cloud 9 Gift Shop on the first floor of the hospital. Visitors should check with the nurse before bringing gifts to patients, especially gifts of food or drink, in case there are dietary restrictions or allergy precautions.
Mail sent to patients should be addressed as follows:
Portneuf Medical Center
(Patient Floor and/or Room Number)
777 Hospital Way
Pocatello, ID 83201
If you have questions about where a patient is located, please check with the information desk or call (208) 239-1000.