PMC Is Smoke Free!
Portneuf Medical Center joined a growing number of hospitals in Idaho in becoming smoke and tobacco free. As a healthcare provider we feel we have a responsibility to provide an environment where patients, visitors, physicians and employees are free from the hazards associated with second-hand smoke.
It’s pretty simple...
We want you to Be Well!
Kids talk to Dr. Snell about the dangers of smoking.
We thank you for not smoking or using smokeless tobacco products in the hospital or on hospital property. This includes the parking lots, garages, and doorways.
Why Tobacco Free?
- Smoking kills more people than alcohol, AIDS, car crashes, illegal drugs, murders, and suicides combined.
- Annual health care costs in Idaho directly caused by smoking exceed $300 million.
- Second-hand smoke causes emphysema, heart disease, lung disease and cancer.
- Smoking-caused productivity losses in Idaho are $317 million annually.
- Smoking is a potential fire hazard.
- Most of all... We want you to Be Well!